vitaminwater aramark hoodie twitter contest rules
this contest is open to canadian residents and is governed by canadian law
the contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with twitter. you understand that you are providing your information to the sponsors (defined below) and not to twitter. any personal information you provide will only be used for the administration of this contest and in accordance with the sponsors’ privacy policies, as applicable (see below). twitter is completely released from all liability by each participant in this contest. any questions, comments or complaints regarding the contest must be directed to the sponsors and not twitter. you may only use one (1) twitter account (the “account”) to participate in this contest.
1. contest period:
the vitaminwater aramark hoodie twitter contest (the “contest”) will run from 12:00:01 a.m. eastern standard time (“est”) january 13th, 2014 to 11:59:59 p.m. est february 23rd, 2014 (the “contest period”).
contest is open to all legal residents of canada who have reached the age of 13 years in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of aramark, coca-cola ltd. or coca-cola refreshments canada (collectively, the “sponsors”), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers and advertising/promotion agencies (collectively, the “contest parties”).
3. how to enter:
- to participate in this contest, you must have a valid twitter account. if you do not have an account, visit www.twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free twitter account.
- no purchase necessary. during the contest period, you can enter the contest by tweeting (the “tweet(s)”) to @vitaminwater_ca channel using your twitter account. to be eligible, your tweet must:
a. be in accordance with the specific submission requirements listed below in rule 4;
b. follow all of the instructions for entry outlined on vitaminwatercanada.ca/sweaterselfie;
c. visibly include a picture of your “glorious” sweater that you want to get “upgraded”.
d. include the #sweaterselfie hashtag outlined on vitaminwatercanada.ca/sweaterselfie (the “hashtag”);
e. comply with the twitter terms of service and twitter rules available at www.twitter.com; and
f. conform to twitter’s (140) character limitation, including the hashtag.
- any tweet that does not follow the above format (as determined by sponsors in their absolute discretion) will be discarded and will not be eligible for entry in this contest.
- a tweet will be considered to be void (and an entry (as defined below) will not be granted) if the tweet: (i) does not fully follow the instructions herein (as determined by sponsors in their absolute discretion); (ii) is incomplete or illegible; (iii) is not submitted and received during the contest period in accordance with these rules; (iv) does not include the hashtag; (v) does not conform to twitter’s (140) character limitation including the hashtag; (vi) does not comply with the twitter terms of service and twitter rules; and/or (vii) is not in accordance with the specific submission requirements listed below in rule 4 (all as determined by sponsors in their absolute discretion).
- standard text messaging and/or data rates apply to followers who submit a tweet via a wireless mobile device. wireless service providers may charge for airtime for each standard text message sent and received. please call your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
- there is a limit of one (1) tweet per person/email address/twitter account permitted per contest period. for greater certainty, you can only use one (1) email address/twitter account to enter the contest. if it is discovered that any person has attempted to: (i) submit more than one (1) tweet per person/email address/account during each contest period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address or account to enter the contest; then (in the absolute discretion of the sponsors) he/she may be disqualified from the contest and all of his/her tweets voided. use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses, accounts and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the sponsors. the releasees (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible tweets (all of which are void).
- a follower will receive one (1) entry (the “entry”) in the random prize draw when he/she tweets his/her tweet in accordance with these official contest rules and regulations (the “rules”). in no event and under no circumstances will any person/follower be permitted to obtain more than the maximum number of entries as stated in these rules.
- all entries are subject to verification at any time. the sponsor reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this contest. failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the sponsors in a timely manner may result in disqualification. the sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid tweet/entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).
4. submission requirements:
by submitting a tweet, you agree that the tweet complies with all conditions stated in these rules and the twitter terms of service. the releasees (defined below) will bear no legal liability regarding the use of any tweet you submit. the releasees (defined below) shall be held harmless by you in the event it is subsequently discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these rules.
by participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to be legally bound by these rules and by the interpretation of these rules by the sponsors, and further warrants and represents that any submission he/she submits:
- is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the submission to enter the contest;
- does not violate any law;
- does not contain any reference to any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from each such entity or individual and his/her parent/legal guardian if the individual is under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence;
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims whatsoever; and
- is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of sponsors; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of sponsors; conduct or other activities in violation of these rules; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the sponsors in their absolute discretion.
by entering the contest and submitting a tweet which includes a submission (where applicable), each entrant: (i) without limiting the twitter terms of service grants to each of the sponsors, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her tweet, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her tweet in favour of each of the sponsors; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the contest parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “releasees”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the tweet. for greater certainty, the sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion and at any time during the contest, to modify, edit or disqualify any tweet if a complaint is received with respect to the tweet, or for any other reason. if such an action is necessary at any point, then the sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to disqualify the tweet (and corresponding entry) and/or the associated entrant. if the sponsors determine, in their absolute discretion, that any tweet does not comply with these rules for any reason at any time, then the sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to disqualify the tweet (and corresponding entry) and/or the associated entrant and not award any prize to that entrant. tweets will not be judged.
5. the prizes and approximate retail values:
there are six (6) prizes available to be won, one (1) per week during the contest period, consisting each of a vitaminwater hoodie (each a “prize”). the approximate retail value of each prize is $100.
each prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by sponsors in their absolute discretion). no substitutions except at sponsors’ option. sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or a component thereof with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but at sponsors’ absolute discretion, a cash award. each prize will only be awarded to the person who is verified as the “authorized account holder” (see below) of the twitter account associated with the selected entry. there is a limit of one (1) prize per person. any and all costs/expenses not specifically included in the prize description are the sole and absolute responsibility of each confirmed winner.
6. random prize draw and winner selection:
one (1) random draw will be held each week during the contest period, on january 20, 27, february 3, 10, 17 and 24 (the “draw dates”) at 510 front st w, toronto, on, m5v 3h3, at approximately 12:00 p.m. est to select a potential prize winner from among all eligible entries received for that week during the contest period. each entry will only be eligible for one weekly draw, entries submitted in previous weeks will not be eligible for draws in subsequent weeks.
the odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during your week of play. the number of prizes will be reduced as they are won during the contest period.
the sponsors or their designated representative(s) will make a minimum two attempts to contact each selected entrant by twitter (using a direct message or a tweet to the twitter account used to submit the corresponding selected entry) within five business days of the draw date. if a selected entrant cannot be contacted within five business days of the draw date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to a prize) and the sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected entrant).
before being declared a confirmed prize winner, each selected entrant will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid; and (b) reply to an email or tweet which: (i) confirms compliance with these rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the prize as awarded; (iii) confirms that his/her tweet contains a submission, assigns all intellectual property, including copyright, in and to his/her tweet and waives his/her moral rights therein in favour of each of the sponsors; (iv) agrees to indemnify the releasees against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her tweet including, without limitation, any claim that his/her tweet infringes a proprietary interest of any third party; (v) releases the releasees from any and all liability in connection with this contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and (vi) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of either of the sponsors in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. if a selected entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to reply to the acknowledgement email within the specified time; (c) cannot accept his/her prize as awarded for any reason and/or (d) does not otherwise comply with these contest rules; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to a prize) and the sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected entrant).
7. general conditions:
by participating in this contest, each entrant: (i) agrees to be bound by these rules; (ii) agrees to release and hold harmless the releasees from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action; and (iii) releases the releasees from any and all liability in connection with this contest and his/her participation therein.
the releasees will not be liable for: (i) any failure of any website during the contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any tweet to be received for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or mobile network; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.
in the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a tweet, tweets will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the twitter account submitted at the time of entry (as determined in accordance with the official records of twitter). an entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the sponsors – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the twitter account associated with the selected tweet and, if applicable, that he/she has all necessary consents, permissions and/or licenses as required by these rules. it is the sole responsibility of each entrant to notify sponsors in writing if the entrant changes his/her twitter account during the contest period. proof of sending an entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt.
subject to the jurisdiction of the régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, the sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend this contest (or to amend these rules) in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the sponsors that interferes with the proper conduct of this contest as contemplated by these rules. any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest in any way (as determined by sponsors in their absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. the sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this contest, or to amend these rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason.
for quebec residents: any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
this contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. the decisions of the sponsors with respect to all aspects of this contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entrants and/or tweets.
subject to the jurisdiction of the régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, the sponsors reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or tweet with these rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the sponsors, in their absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the contest as contemplated in these rules, or for any other reason.
by entering this contest, each entrant expressly consents to the sponsors, their respective agents and/or representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her entry only for the purpose of administering the contest and in accordance with sponsors’ privacy policies, as applicable (available at: http://www.vitaminwatercanada.ca/privacy/ unless the entrant otherwise agrees.
in the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: website and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control.